Adapted from a recipe by Lisa Richards (thecandidadiet.com)
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
· 1 x 12 oz can coconut milk, at room temperature
· ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
· 2 free range eggs
· 1 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla
· ½ - 1 tsp. monk fruit
· ½ tsp. nutmeg (fresh if possible, grated with a microplane)
· ¼ tsp. cinnamon
1. In a blender, combine coconut milk, almond milk, eggs, alcohol free vanilla, monk fruit, nutmeg and cinnamon. Blend on high speed until the mixture is frothy.
2. Chill before serving.
3. Pour into glasses, and garnish with a dusting of cinnamon and a cinnamon stick.
If you’re concerned about the risk of salmonella or other food-borne illness, simply dip the eggs in boiling water for 30 seconds. This will effectively sanitize the eggs, if they have been properly refrigerated.